For only $25
(one-time), you can immediately download ALL
scripts at SimplePHPScript.com
, for a lifetime
now! Stay on top of everything we release in future before the price is raised. Lock in
This PHP script would make a great reviews directory site that visitors can sign up and contribute reviews. In its simplest form, this script collects reviews as well as comments to reviews and display them in the most straightforward way: users submit reviews / comments and administrator approves them so they are listed. The backend control panel is very similar to that of the Kavoir Directory.
INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE are disabled in the back-end demo.
- Users can add reviews and edit their own reviews before approval
- Administrators can create, edit and delete users (user accounts)
- Each user has 2 profile fields, namely name and website URL
- Fields: review title, rating, content, date and reviewer name
- Users can create, edit but not delete their own reviews
- Administrators can create, edit, delete, approve and disapprove all reviews in bulk
- Administrators can disable or enable automatic review approval
- Administrators can view reviews by user
- Every review has its own page with unlimited comments
- Fields: agree or not, why, commenter name
- Users can submit but not edit nor delete comments to any of the reviews
- Administrators can approve, disapprove or delete the comments
SPS Common Features
Search Engine Optimization
- Built-in SEO friendly URLs
- Incredibly easy installation
- Incredibly easy sign-up
- Form usability best practices - sections, hints, error messages, correctable fields, etc.
- Human-friendly and easy to solve anti-spam captcha
- Breadcrumbs across all sections and pages
- "Remember me" for sign-in
- Usable notice messages corresponding to user actions
- Usable error pages such as 404 error page
- Minimal / skinny page structure for minimum number of requests and bytes of download per user visit
- Full-fledged data flow / entry validation
- Proprietary classes and libraries
- Database abstractions
- Post token to prevent form forgery
- Advanced hashing algorithm for password storage
- User sign-up / sign-in / sign-out
- Email verification
- Welcome email
- Password retrieval / change request if forgotten
- Account statistics
- Account profile control panel
- Password change panel
- Site name
- Site tagline
- Number of items displayed per page
- Disable or enable user registration
- Automatic listing approval or manual approval
How to INSTALL
- Download the script package and unzip it.
- Upload everything in the directory to the root domain / subdomain on your host server. This is because some SPS scripts does not work in sub-directories such as http://www.example.com/script/ but only work at http://www.example.com/ or http://script.example.com/.
- Open and edit the file _config.php to specify the MySQL database connection credentials.
- If you have uploaded the files to http://www.example.com/, fire up the browser and head to http://www.example.com/install/ and finish all the installation steps.
- Delete the directory /install and everything inside.
- Create the first user by signing up at http://www.example.com/signup.php. The first user will automatically become the Administrator user who is responsible for managing the website.
- Good to go.