For only $25
(one-time), you can immediately download ALL
scripts at SimplePHPScript.com
, for a lifetime
now! Stay on top of everything we release in future before the price is raised. Lock in
A simple PHP business (phone number, email, address, website URL link) directory script. Users can sign up and contribute business listings. Administrators can create, edit, delete and manage users, categories and listings. You can turn on automatic approval of new listings or select to approve them before they go live.
INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE are disabled in the back-end demo.
- Administrators can create, edit and delete categories
- Each top category can have umlimited sub-categories
- Each category has a title, a description and possibly a parent category
- Business name, website, description, email, phone number, physical address, category
- Users can create, edit and delete their own listings
- Administrators can create, edit, delete, approve and disapprove all listings in bulk
- Disable or enable automatic listing approval
- View listings by user or by category
- Every listing has its own page
- Users can add / suggest listings and edit or delete their own listings
- Administrators can create, edit and delete users (user accounts)
- Each user has 2 profile fields, namely business name and business URL
SPS Common Features
Search Engine Optimization
- Built-in SEO friendly URLs
- Incredibly easy installation
- Incredibly easy sign-up
- Form usability best practices - sections, hints, error messages, correctable fields, etc.
- Human-friendly and easy to solve anti-spam captcha
- Breadcrumbs across all sections and pages
- "Remember me" for sign-in
- Usable notice messages corresponding to user actions
- Usable error pages such as 404 error page
- Minimal / skinny page structure for minimum number of requests and bytes of download per user visit
- Full-fledged data flow / entry validation
- Proprietary classes and libraries
- Database abstractions
- Post token to prevent form forgery
- Advanced hashing algorithm for password storage
- User sign-up / sign-in / sign-out
- Email verification
- Welcome email
- Password retrieval / change request if forgotten
- Account statistics
- Account profile control panel
- Password change panel
- Site name
- Site tagline
- Number of items displayed per page
- Disable or enable user registration
- Automatic listing approval or manual approval
How to INSTALL
- Download the script package and unzip it.
- Upload everything in the directory to the root domain / subdomain on your host server. This is because some SPS scripts does not work in sub-directories such as http://www.example.com/script/ but only work at http://www.example.com/ or http://script.example.com/.
- Open and edit the file _config.php to specify the MySQL database connection credentials.
- If you have uploaded the files to http://www.example.com/, fire up the browser and head to http://www.example.com/install/ and finish all the installation steps.
- Delete the directory /install and everything inside.
- Create the first user by signing up at http://www.example.com/signup.php. The first user will automatically become the Administrator user who is responsible for managing the website.
- Good to go.